The Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center is open and accepting bookings.
McKinley Chalet Resort, Westmark Anchorage, Westmark Dawson City and Westmark Skagway will open for summer 2022 bookings in January 2022. For information about Westmark Sitka, please contact the hotel directly at 907-747-6241.
Westmark Hotels (“we” “our” “us”) is dedicated to providing a safe environment for our guests, team members and the greater community. To protect the health and safety of everyone, we are closely monitoring and continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health agencies.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO DISCUSS THE ADVISABILITY OF TRAVEL WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN AND TO REVIEW THE WEBSITE FOR THE U.S. CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION (“CDC”) FOR UPDATED INFORMATION AS WELL AS THE State of Alaska’s health mandates. THE CDC HAS IDENTIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS, REGARDLESS OF AGE, WHO ARE, OR MAY BE, AT INCREASED RISK OF SEVERE ILLNESS FROM THE VIRUS THAT CAUSES COVID-19. AMONG ADULTS, THE RISK FOR SEVERE ILLNESS FROM COVID-19 INCREASES WITH ADVANCING AGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND, AND ACCEPT THAT WHILE AT A LODGE OR HOTEL, AND/OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM A LODGE OR HOTEL, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO COMMUNICABLE ILLNESSES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO COVID-19, INFLUENZA, COLDS AND/OR NOROVIRUS. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT, DUE TO THE NATURE OF SPREAD OF COVID-19, THE RISK OF EXPOSURES TO THIS COMMUNICABLE ILLNESS AND OTHERS ARE INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT THESE RISKS, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURES, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER.
We have implemented the following health and safety protocols for guests at our lodges and hotels and all guests will be required to abide by them. We may add to or change these protocols from time to time. Any updates will be posted on this website. Therefore, you should check this website periodically.
- A verbal questionnaire will be conducted upon check-in. If at check-in or any time thereafter, a guest has any COVID- like symptoms and/or a temperature of 100.4F or higher, he/she will not be checked-in or allowed to continue to stay. We may also conduct periodic temperature checks during your stay.
- Guests will be required to wear masks in all public areas, including outdoors when six feet of distance between individuals cannot be kept. However, children under the age of two, passengers who are unable to remove the face covering without assistance, and passengers who have an underlying medical condition (including the use of a breathing device) that prevents them from being able to wear a face covering in alignment with best practice guidelines from the CDC are exempt from the face covering requirement.
- Restaurant capacity reductions and physical spacing requirements are in effect. Touchless ordering/payment, delivery and pick up service are available. Masks may be removed only when seated at the restaurant and eating or drinking.
- We have increased the efficacy of the air handling filtration of our hotel common areas and restaurants by installing the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Merv 13 air filters.
- Air handling equipment settings have been adjusted to increase the inflow of fresh air and in turn reducing the amount of recirculated air.
- We are using an EPA approved sanitizing agent to kill the virus on surfaces. We have increased the cleaning frequency of the front desk and all public areas including bathrooms, lobby seating areas and all guest facilities such as gift shops, computer rooms, espresso bars and guest laundries.
- We use this same strength sanitizer in our guest rooms on all contact surfaces, all touch points and furniture as well as the bathrooms and makeup areas. Bedding is changed between each guest and is laundered.
- Mandatory hand-sanitizing by guests upon entry or exit of any public areas.
- Confinement of a guest to his/her room if the guest cannot leave the property and we determine such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19.
- The required completion by a guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for us to carry out our health and safety protocols (including, but not limited to, medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms).
- Staff members will be medically screened every day for COVID symptoms and will wear masks at all times.
- Visitors of guests are expected to adhere to the same protocols.
Notwithstanding any other provision in our cancellation and refund policies:
- if you have fully complied with all of our health and safety protocols, yet you test positive for COVID-19 or exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 and we do not allow you to check-in or continue your stay as noted above, you and your traveling companions will be entitled to a refund of the unused portion of the rate each person paid for lodging only. Each such person is responsible for all related costs and expenses including, without limitation, any costs for medical care and onward travel expenses and lodging. We are not liable for any costs, damages or expenses you or your traveling companions may incur in these circumstances.
- any noncompliance by you with our health and safety protocols, shall be grounds for refusal to allow you stay at our lodge or hotel and we may take other steps, including reporting the non-compliance to governmental or health authorities, as we deem necessary to protect the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind and you will be responsible for all related costs and expenses, including, without limitation, any costs for medical care and onward lodging and travel expenses. We are not liable for any costs, damages or expenses you may incur in these circumstances.